Are you looking to move to the land Down Under with your Australian partner? If yes, you’re at the right place. This guide will detail everything you need to know about Australia Partner Visa Processing.
Understanding the Australia Partner Visa
The Australia Partner Visa allows the partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen to live in Australia. The visa comes in two types: the Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) and the Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100). But what does the application process involve? Let’s explore.
Australia Partner Visa Eligibility Criteria
Before you embark on the application process, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria. Here are the key requirements:
- Relationship Status: The applicant must be the spouse or de facto partner of an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Sponsorship: You must be sponsored by an eligible person, i.e., your Australian partner.
- Genuine Relationship: You must prove that your relationship with your partner is genuine and continuing.
- Health and Character Requirements: The applicant must meet the health and character requirements set out by the Australian government.
Preparing the Application
To secure your Australia Partner Visa, you need to prepare your application thoroughly.
Begin with compiling the necessary documents. These include:
- Relationship Evidence: Documents proving your relationship with your Australian partner.
- Sponsorship Forms: Forms completed by your sponsor.
- Identity Documents: Documents like your passport and birth certificate.
- Health and Character Documents: Documents such as medical examination results and police certificates.
Ensure these documents are up-to-date and translated into English, if needed.
Next, complete the online application form, which will require your personal details, information about your relationship, and your sponsor’s details.
The application fee for the Australia Partner Visa is currently AUD 7,715. However, always check the official Australian government website for the most recent updates.
The Application Process
Once your documents are ready and your form is filled out, you can submit your application. Processing times vary and can take up to 26 months. You may be asked to attend an interview or provide additional information.
Australia Partner Visa Processing: FAQs
1. Can I work in Australia on a Partner Visa?
Yes, you are permitted to work in Australia once your Partner Visa is granted.
2. How long is an Australia Partner Visa valid for?
The provisional Partner Visa (subclass 309) is valid until the decision is made on your permanent Partner Visa (subclass 100).
3. Can I apply for permanent residence with a Partner Visa?
Yes, the Partner Visa leads to a pathway for permanent residence after two years, if your relationship is ongoing.
4. What is the processing time for an Australia Partner Visa?
The processing time for an Australia Partner Visa can vary greatly and may take up to 26 months.
5. Can the Partner Visa be denied?
Yes, the Partner Visa can be denied if the eligibility criteria are not met, or if the application is incomplete or inaccurate.
6. Can a Partner Visa be extended?
No, a Partner Visa cannot be extended. However, it provides a pathway to permanent residence.
Though the process of applying for an Australia Partner Visa can be complicated, with thorough preparation, you can navigate it effectively. Make sure you meet the eligibility criteria, gather the right documentation, and patiently wait for the process to complete. Soon enough, you’ll be ready to embark on your new journey in Australia with your partner.